[Python-Dev] alternate reiter proposal

John Williams yahoo-mail.20.johnw@antichef.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:07:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Andrew Koenig  - ark@research.att.com" wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something here, but doesn't this fail if you
> try to restart it before it has entirely consumed the input?

I guess that depends on what your expectations are--calling it "reiter"
was probably not a good idea in that respect. I was really just trying
to solve the problem of implementing the cartesian product function
lazily and got a little ahead of myself proposing a solution to a
special case as a general-purpose solution.

I'd like to develop the basic idea into something with wider
applicability, since I'm fond of anything that makes it easier to
implement lazy algorthms. Somebody speak up if you think it's
worthwhile, otherwise I think I'll just let it drop since I'm fairly
certain *I* won't be needing it anytime soon.