[Python-Dev] Mac OSX issues

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:20:07 -0500

    GvR> Thanks, Skip, but I'm more interested in fixing test_socket
    GvR> so it doesn 't rely on this.  Maybe testHostnameRes() should
    GvR> be disabled when gethostbyaddr() gives an error?  It makes
    GvR> unwarranted assumptions IMO about how DNS is set up.

BTW, test_socket.py passes just fine for me.  hostname(1) returns
"freewill.local." (yes, trailing dot).

The difference may be that I used Netinfo Manager to add hostname
entries for all my local machines, including the MacOSX machine I ran
the tests on.  My Netinfo-fu is pretty meager so I don't know if I did
it completely right, but it seems to work for me.

-Barry