[Python-Dev] extension module .o files wind up in the wrong place

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
04 Dec 2002 13:26:55 +0000

Michael Hudson <mwh@python.net> writes:

> The first out-of-tree build I did today put one .o file in the wrong
> place (bsddbmodule.o, I think).  Now all of them are ending up in the
> wrong place.

Not sure how I managed that one, but I've found the offending checkin:

----------------------------
revision 1.52
date: 2002/11/14 01:29:00;  author: akuchling;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -3
[Bug #599248] ext module generation problem

If you have source files srcdir1/foo.c and srcdir2/foo.c, the
temporary .o for both files is written to build/temp.<platform>/foo.o.
This patch sets strip_dir to false for both calls to object_filename,
so now the object files are written to temp.<platform>/srcdir1/foo.o
and .../srcdir2/foo.o.

2.2 bugfix candidate

Now to see if patching it up is easy...

Cheers,
M.

--
  ARTHUR:  Ford, you're turning into a penguin, stop it.