[Python-Dev] zipimport & import hooks

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:27:01 -0200

> > It seems the majority doesn't like non-strings on sys.path, which to
> > me is understandable, especially if you take PYTHONPATH into
> > consideration. Let's try to focus on that.
>
> Has anyone presented any hard data, or are people just guessing?  As far
> as I can tell, I'm the only one here who has posted fragile code from a real
> shipping product -- and I still believe it's a bogus argument.

What Just said is that "majority doesn't like", not that there is
breaking code. You can destroy the interpreter without breaking old
code. I, personaly, *don't like* that, since it looks like an ugly hack
to me. You may not care about this, and I don't expect to change the
world with my feelings. Indeed, I've even tried to expose a different
approach, as a way to avoid saying just "I don't like", but it looks
like you don't care anyway, right? My intention was not to just create
another flamewar in python-dev, I can guarant you.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]