[Python-Dev] Import compromise

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 22:05:30 +0100

Martin v. L=F6wis wrote:

> I think Just would be happily drop his implementation if such a change
> would magically appear, but I think that is unlikely to happen.

Oh, Aahz's proposal is *very* close to what my current implementation loo=
ks
like, except that it exposes a couple of things here and there ;-)

I'll try to post code later today (it works for me now, but I'd like to g=
through it one more time, do some more testing), and will then write a sh=
ort
piece about what it does, why I think it's good that it does that, what t=
he
impact is on import.c, etc. etc. (And depending on the size if that piece=
might call it a "draft PEP"...)

Just