[Python-Dev] Proposed changes to linuxaudiodev

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 16:23:26 -0500

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002, Greg Ward wrote:
> On 29 November 2002, Guido van Rossum said:
>>
>> I recommend that you simply check in your new code as ossaudiodev and
>> we'll mark the linuxaudiodev module as deprecated.
>
> Sounds fine to me.  Should I worry about adding an official
> DeprecationWarning to linuxaudiodev.c?  Or does that wait until 2.4?

Given its lack of official documentation, I'd vote for DeprecationWarning
now.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen.  Every command is a
koan.  Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated.  You
discover truth everytime you use it."  --reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com