[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Lib textwrap.py,1.18,1.19

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
11 Dec 2002 17:56:16 +0100

Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> writes:

> > Martin: yes, I've got readline installed and yes Python was built from CVS.
>
> Hm.  Mayb the code in Modules/readline.c somehow has the setlocale()
> call #ifdef'ed out?  Can you put a printf inside the #ifdef
> SAVE_LOCALE block to see if it is executed?

I'm confused by Just's observation that it happens *only* with -S, in
interactive mode. I would have expected that "plain" interactive mode
behaves the same, but this is not what Just reported.

Regards,
Martin