[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Include co mpile.h,2.38,2.39 parsetok.h,2.19,2.20 pyerrors.h,2.63,2.64 pythonrun.h,2 .55,2.56 symtable.h,2.10,2.11

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:30:56 +0100

Martin v. L=F6wis wrote:
> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:
>=20
>=20
>>I would accept that point if you could demonstrate a single
>>case where the const nature of the filename actually does any
>>good for the *user*.
>=20
> See the original bug report. It avoids having to write const_casts.

Great and now those who want to avoid warnings have to
patch their old code :-(

>>BTW, how can I silence warnings when writing C code that's
>>supposed to compiler with Python 2.1 and 2.3 ? (passing const char *
>>to a char * API doesn't work for obvious reasons)
>=20
> Can you explain where such silencing would be necessary, for the
> specific patch in question? It is not, because non of the variables
> that got const now are ever passed to 2.1 API: they are all internal
> to the core.

They are ? The pythonrun.h changes were public in 2.1 as well
and they include some of the more common APIs like the
PyRun_*() APIs.

--=20
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH