[Python-Dev] make install fails with current Python CVS

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:01:26 +0100

Martin v. L=F6wis wrote:
>>I've tried to run a "make install" with todays CVS version, but
>>this fails on my Linux box with the following error:
>>
>>Compiling
>=20
> /home/lemburg/projects/Python/Installation/lib/python2.3/test/test_pep2=
6
> 3.py ...
>=20
>>Sorry: MemoryError:
>=20
>=20
> That is typically an indication that the codec lookup has failed. Can
> you try to lookup the koi8-r codec interactively?

Hmm, I get:

Python/Dev-Python> ./python
Python 2.3a0 (#1, Dec 12 2002, 11:48:24)
[GCC 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)] on linux2
 >>> unicode('x', 'koi8-r')
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding

Looking at the output of ./python -vv it appears as if the struct
cannot be loaded (which is imported by codecs.py).

--=20
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH