[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Objects abstract.c,2.93.6.7,2.93.6.8

David Goodger goodger@python.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:26:35 -0500

This backport checkin (Oct 5 2002) changed the exception text between
2.2.1:

    >>> int(None)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    TypeError: object can't be converted to int

and 2.2.2 (last line):

    >>> int(None)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number

Should this change have been backported to 2.2.2 from the 2.3
codebase?

Patrick O'Brien brought this to my attention.  He found a test in the
Docutils test suite that broke under 2.2.2.  I've parameterized the
broken test to work on old & new Python versions, which I would have
had to do for Python 2.3 anyway.  While minor, I think this was an
enhancement and not a bug fix.

Reference: discussion in http://www.python.org/sf/563740

--
David Goodger  <goodger@python.org>  Open-source projects: