[Python-Dev] Deprecate doctest?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:43:17 +0100

Aahz wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2002, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
>>Aahz:
>>
>>>That's tricky, given that doctest is in the standard library, and that's
>>>exactly what doctest does.  Are you advocating deprecating doctest?
>>
>>You gotta be kidding.
>

> Of *course* I was, but I couldn't figure out what else MAL meant.

Inever talked about doctest; only the fact that error message
strings should not be relied on since these tend to change
rather often between Python releases. It is also possible that
some of these cat get localized (I remember having seen Martin work
on something like this in the past).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH