[Python-Dev] Mesenne Twister copyright notice

python@rcn.com python@rcn.com
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:56:56 -0500

During his review of the Mersenne Twister code (in python/nondist/sandbox/twister), Martin raised a question for python-dev about the best way to handle the copyright notice in the original code at http://www.math.keio.ac.jp/~matumoto/MT2002/emt19937ar.html .

I incorporated the copyright notice into the head of _random.c, but the notice seems to indicate that it should also be in the documentation (either in librandom.tex or random.py).  I don't think having multiple copies of the copyright notice or having clutter in the LaTeX docs is desirable.  Inclusion by reference or footnote may be sufficient.

Do you guys have any thoughts on the best way to resolve this one?  It is my only unanswered review comment for the module before loading it for the alpha release.

Raymond Hettinger