[Python-Dev] Mesenne Twister copyright notice

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:31:38 -0800

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> In a later mail I suggested adding these licenses to the standard
> Python license file. This should probably be done as new section
> explaining to which code the license applies and where the code
> was obtained from.
>
> Then binary distributions would only have to include this one
> file (which they have to include anyway, since the Python license
> requires this).

This would suit us (ActiveState) just fine.  In general, we don't mind
doing whatever is necessary to give credit where credit is due (as well
as comply with the license in general, of course) -- but the simpler it
is, the more likely it is to actually be carried through -- the more
automatable the better as well.

--david