[Python-Dev] next vs darwin

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:04:05 +0100

On Friday, February 1, 2002, at 03:52 , Jack Jansen wrote:

>> On Unix, this is a runtime option via sys.setdlopenflags (RTLD_GLOBAL
>> turns on import into application namespace). Do you think you could
>> emulate this API?
>
> Shouldn't be a problem. I had never heard of sys.setdlopenflags(),
> otherwise I would have done so already.

Hmm. I had a look at the setdlopenflags() and accompanying
infrastructure, and it seems you can
set many flags to dlopen() through this call, is that right?

If it is, is it a good idea to call the OSX-specific routine
setdlopenflags() too, even though
it will only support the "use global namespace" flag? Or is that the
only flag you can reasonably
pass to dlopen() anyway?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -