[Python-Dev] Extending types in C - help needed

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 22:03:14 -0500

> > A better solution is to store additional information in the __dict__.
>
> You loose nice features: access these (new) slots from Python
> by providing tp_members entries for them (for example).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Why would you need a
tp_members entry for something that's in __dict__?

> Are you planning to address this issue in the future?

David Abrahams (of Boost++ fame) is also interested in a solution for
this problem, so I may have to.  Not in 2.2.1, though -- this will
have to be rearchitected so it's a 2.3 issue.