[Python-Dev] Proposed standard module: Optik

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:47:07 -0500

> I am happy to do an announcement but I feel like there needs to be a
> place to redirect conversation. Should we set up a mailing list? Or do
> all interested people want to join comp.lang.python and perhaps use a
> subject prefix for filtering? "OPT: ..."

They can post to python-dev (and even subscribe -- it's open these
days) or someone can summarize.  I don't expect a huge discussion.
Please make it clear in the announcement that followups in c.l.py will
be ignored -- they must send at least one email to python-dev to make
us aware that they're competing.  Ideally, it should compare their
solution to Greg's list of key features of Optik, which he posted
here:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2002-February/019937.html

Please include that link in your announcement.