[Python-Dev] Want to co-design and implement a logging module?

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:54:41 -0800

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 10:03:38AM -0500, Greg Ward wrote:
> On 04 February 2002, Trent Mick volunteered to "do something"
> about a standard logging module for Python:
> > How about I try to have a PEP together within a week or two, and perhaps a
> > working base implementation?
>
> Well, it's been exactly 7 days.  Trent, are you halfway done yet?  ;-)

I have my thoughts together. I'll write up and post tonight. Meanwhile I have
to get some work done for my employer. :)

Regarding Distutils for Python 1.5.2 usage: the potential logging support
*could* be back ported and included in the distutils package that gets put
together for Python 1.5.2.

Trent

--
Trent Mick