[Python-Dev] Accessing globals without dict lookup

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:09:55 -0500

[Guido]
> (I'd add this to PEP 280 but I'll wait for Tim to shoot holes in it
> first. :-)

At first sight this scheme made sense and was very appealing.  Alas, I've
been staring at the computer non-stop for 11 hours, my eyes are losing
focus, and I just remembered I forgot to eat today.  IOW, you'll have to
wait for Tuesday to get shot <wink>.

For now, I really liked that the indirection vector fills in adaptively, to
speed accesses that are actually getting made.  I don't know that that's an
objective advantage, but I loved the image.