[Python-Dev] Expat vs Windows

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:55:27 -0500

Anyone understand what's going on with expat?  I noticed pyexpat stopped
compiling on Windows a day or two ago, but didn't have time to look at it.

Today I see it compiles, but generates lots of linker warnings:

   Creating library ./pyexpat.lib and object ./pyexpat.exp
LINK : warning LNK4049:
    locally defined symbol "_XML_GetSpecifiedAttributeCount" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049:
    locally defined symbol "_XML_Parse" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049:
    locally defined symbol "_XML_ErrorString" imported

etc.

Are we trying to break away from the SourceForge expat project?  Seems a
dubious idea, if so.  In any case, I can make almost no time for repairing
this on Windows, so need someone to explain what we're trying to accomplish
here (btw, if someone already explained this on some mailing list, sorry,
I'm hundreds of msgs behind the times).