[Python-Dev] Global name lookup schemes

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:25:58 -0500

[Ping]
> I'd rather discuss the *diagrams* on this list than the diagram-making
> tools.  :)

Unless you write a new tool in Python <wink>.

> So what do you all think of the various global name lookup proposals?

I expect reality has once again managed to extinguish most post-Conference
euphoria.  I spent 200% of my "free time" this weekend doing research for
PSF board issues, and still haven't gotten to even reading about Oren's
(IIRC) dict gimmicks.

Guido is off traveling.  Jeremy is in the midst of moving.  Skip is too busy
approving posts of mine that stinking SpamCop rejects since I involuntarily
switched ISPs.

So I'm glad we harassed Guido into at least starting a PEP ...

once-upon-a-time-ly y'rs  - tim