[Python-Dev] PEP needed? Introducing Tcl objects

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
22 Feb 2002 11:10:01 +0100

"Jeff Hobbs" <JeffH@ActiveState.com> writes:

> BTW in addition to my last message, you might want to create
> an ExitHandler that delete the event source.  Also, you might
> add more code to the TkinterSetupProc to only set a block time
> if multiple threads are actually used (or only create the
> event source at that time).  This would make simple Tkinter
> apps be efficient and snappy all the time.

I'm not sure this will be necessary (provided I get this to work at
all); after all, all that the timeout will do is to setup the event
loop 50 times in a second. Computers should have no problems with that
these days; in a snappy Tkinter app, there will be much more than 50
events per second. Furthermore, such a change would not affect
snappiness at all, only efficiency (and only slightly so).

Regards,
Martin