[Python-Dev] Re: OS/2 EMX changes to dynload_shlib.c

Andrew MacIntyre andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:06:47 +1100 (EDT)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Guido Van Rossum wrote:

> [I sent this to python-dev, but my copy to you
> bounced; I'm not sure if you're on python-dev yet.]

Have been for some time.

> Given the number of OS/2 EMX specific changes to
> dynload_shlib.c, wouldn't it be better to create a
> separate dynload_os2.c?

There is already a dynload_os2.c for the VACPP port, which implements a
module loader via direct OS/2 API calls.

Because the EMX stuff that I picked up (a 1.5.2 port by Andrew Zobolotny)
used an emulation of dlopen() (PC/os2emx/dlfcn.c) I carried that over.

I hadn't considered the changes to dynload_shlib.c that significant.
however I'll look into whether I can adapt the EMX port to use the VACPP
module loader in dynload_os2.c.

E-mail: andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia