Japanese codecs (was Re: [Python-Dev] PEP 263 -- Python Source Code Encoding)

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:40:28 +0100

"Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

>     MvL> I would not recommend to incorporate any of this into Python
>     MvL> without asking the author(s). When doing so, it would be
>     MvL> appropriate, IMO, to ask them whether they would fill out the
>     MvL> contributor agreement. Then, the presumed licensing problems
>     MvL> would be gone.
>
> Agreed on both points!

+1.

The PSF will have to agree on the contribution docs first,
though. Since there's no discussion on the PSF docs discussion
list, I suppose everybody is happy with them :-)

BTW, I was referring to the other codecs in the python-codecs
project on SF. Most of those are encumbered by the GPL and thus
unusable in non-GPL projects.

Tamito has switched to a BSD-license after some private
discussions about this, which is goodness :-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH