[Python-Dev] PEP 273 - Import from Zip Archives

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:09:46 +0100

Gordon McMillan wrote:

> [M.-A. Lemburg]
>
> The response to "let's revamp C import" is "Oh no,
> we need a chance to play with it in Python first."

I think you misunderstood my request: I *don't* want
to revamp import.c, I would just like some extra hooks
to be able to only replace those few parts which I'd
like to extend from time to time, e.g. instead of replacing
the complete __import__ machinery, it would be nice
to have a callback hook in the finder and another one
in the module loader.

All this has nothing to do with the PEP, though :-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH