[Python-Dev] weave -- inline C/C++ in Python, an implementation

eric eric@enthought.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:48:49 -0500

Hello group,

I'm pretty close to releasing weave 0.2, a tool that helps in combining
C/C++ with
Python code.  There are basically three ways to use it. inline() offers
inline
C/C++ in Python.  blitz() converts Python Numeric expression to C++ for fast
execution.  And, ext_tools offer a couple of classes that build extension
classes.

If you have a few cycles to spare, I'd appreciate a few eye balls on the
documentation page and source.  Also, if people could download the
zip/exe/tar.gz
files and let me know of any failures that would be helpful.  The website
provides
info on how to test (it's very simple).  Also, success reports on platforms
would
be good .  W2K, RH 7.1, Debian are about all that has been tested.

Here is the link:

http://www.scipy.org/site_content/weave

thanks,
eric