[Python-Dev] RPM *.spec file

Marek Pætlicki marpet@linuxpl.org
05 Jan 2002 22:01:01 +0100

W li¶cie z sob, 05-01-2002, godz. 18:48, Martin v. Loewis pisze:
> > Could someone point me to the RPM *.spec file with which was built the
> > Python 2.2 (ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/2.2/rpms/)?
> >
> > I've already installed from source, but I would like make some order in
> > my system, and currently I have 3 versions of Python in various dirs :-=
)

> Did you look at the src.rpm? That should definitely include a spec
> file (didn't check, though). Just do rpm -i of the src.rpm, then look
> into your packages/SPECS directory.

well, I hoped to get only a few kilo heavy specfile instead of a few
mega src.rpm :-)

> You may also look at Misc/RPM, but Guido suggests that this is likely
> *not* the spec file that was used.

deffinitely

> > I've found some outdated BeOpen specfile, but it doesn't work.  Yes,
> > I can fix it, but what for when somewhere there seems to exist a
> > fixed one, since *.rpm binaries are supported on ftp.python.org?
>
> They are available on ftp.python.org. They are supported only if their
> creator supports them.

I understand that, it is the same as with Windows installers (you don't
_have to_ supply the installer creator off course), but since they _are_
in SRPMs they _could_ be present in *.tgz, couldn't they? :-)

And: where can I find those SRPMs anyway?

regards

--
Marek Pêtlicki <marpet@linuxpl.org>
Linux User ID=162988