[Python-Dev] RPM *.spec file

Marek Pætlicki marpet@linuxpl.org
06 Jan 2002 12:50:21 +0100

W li¶cie z nie, 06-01-2002, godz. 04:26, Guido van Rossum pisze:
> FYI, I've checked in Sean's RPM spec file and the patches under
> Misc/RPM/, replacing the previous (outdated) contents there.

thank you very much: this is what suits me best - I prefer the specfile
in the main tarfile (AND cvs). In this way if building RPM-s doesn't
work I can always build it in the 'classic' way but still I don't have
to wait for the src.rpms to appear (don't want to say that this is the
case with Python releases, but generarly I prefer original tarballs
_with_ rpm specs to src.rpms with nobody-knows-what-changes-applied).

thanks and best regards

--
Marek Pêtlicki <marpet@linuxpl.org>
Linux User ID=162988