[Python-Dev] Feature request: better support for "wrapper" objects

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:50:47 +0100

> All the Mac toolbox objects (Windows, Dialogs, Controls, Menus and a
> zillion more), All the Windows HANDLEs, all the MFC objects (although
> they might be a bit more difficult), the objects in the X11 and Motif
> modules, the pyexpat parser object, *dbm objects, dlmodule objects,
> mpz objects, zlib objects, SGI cl and al objects....

Could you please try once more, being serious this time? AFAICT, I was
asking for examples of types that are parsed by means of O& currently,
and do so just to get a void** from the python object.

Looking at pyexpat.c, I find a few uses of O&, none related to the
pyexpat parser object. In zlibmodule.c, I find not a single mentioning
of O&, likewise in dlmodule.c, clmodule.c, almodule.c, dbmmodule.c,
and now I'm losing interest into verifying more of your examples.

AFAICT, you are trying to replace O& with something. Where, exactly
(specific source file and line number), would you want to do that?

Regards,
Martin