[Python-Dev] 2.1.2 testing.

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:08:25 -0500 (EST)

[Sending to python-dev so people know the results for Solaris 2.8.]

Anthony Baxter writes:
 > > I'm exporting onto Solaris 2.8 now; will report the results.
 >
 > Great. If you get a chance to try it with some non-standard build
 > args, that would also be appreciated...

  Specific suggestions please!  I've not looked at those in a while,
so I don't know which would be most useful.  A note summarizing
desired alternate builds would be good.
  Results for Solaris 2.8, gcc 2.95.2:

117 tests OK.
1 test failed: test_sunaudiodev
22 tests skipped: test_al test_bsddb test_cd test_cl test_dl test_gdbm test_gl test_gzip test_imgfile test_largefile test_linuxaudiodev test_minidom test_nis test_openpty test_pyexpat test_sax test_socketserver test_sundry test_winreg test_winsound test_zipfile test_zlib

  The sunaudiodev failure is "permission denied", which is not a real
failure; treat this as skipped.  (The machine is not local to me, so
there's no way for me to know if the test worked anyway.)
  Note that many of the optional modules don't get built on that
machine, but I can't do much (and nothing quickly) to change the
availability of additional libraries.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>