[Python-Dev] Change in unpickle order in 2.2?

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:46:34 -0500

[Greg Ward]
> False alarm.  It appears that a change in dictionary order bit me; I was
> lucky that pickling Grouch objects ever worked at all.

You were luckier we changed dict iteration order for your own good <wink>.

> Lesson: when the code to support pickling is too complex too understand,
> it's too complex.  Hmmm, that might have broader application.  ;-)

No, I'm sure Zope Corporation would officially deny, denounce and decry any
intimation that convolution in support of pickling is a vice.  The true
problem is more likely that you haven't yet added enough layers of
abstraction around your pickling code.  I'm especially suspicious of that
because you were able to figure out the cause of the problem in less than a
week ...