[Python-Dev] sourceforge: where should feature requests go?

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:04:11 -0500

[Jason R. Mastaler]
> I noticed that the sourceforge tracker has a "Feature Requests"
> category, but that "Bugs" also has a "Feature Request" group.
>
> Which is the right place to submit new feature requests?

To the FR tracker.  That didn't always exist, and all FRs ended up in the
Bug tracker instead, so we added a FR group to Bugs to try to keep track of
them.  Unfortunately, once you add a group to an SF tracker, it can never be
removed, so this confusion won't go away.

Thanks for asking!