[Python-Dev] guidance sought: merging port related changes to Library modules

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:36:44 +0100

> If rationalising the use of separator characters (by moving away from
> hard-coded strings) in ntpath.py is unattractive, then I think I'd prefer
> to keep os2path.py (renamed to os2emxpath.py) as is, rather than revert
> to the DOS standard path separators.

I think replacing hard-coded separators by os.sep is a good thing to
do. However, if you find that you cannot achieve re-use of ntpath for
OS/2 by existing customization alone, please do not add conditional
code into ntpath. It would be very confusing if, in ntpath.py, there
is a test whether the system is OS/2.

Regards,
Martin