[Python-Dev] PEP 216 (string interpolation) alternative EvalDict

Steven Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:49:17 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Jason Orendorff wrote:

> Paul Prescod wrote:
> > IMHO, string interpolation should be one of the easiest things in the
> > language. It should be something you learn in the first half of your
> > first day learning Python. Any extra level of logical indirection seems
> > misplaced to me.
>
> +1

Was that +1 for PEP 216?, my alternative proposal? or Paul's comments?

I think I agree with his comment above, but I'm not sure whether it
was intended a comment on the syntax (which is probably justified),
or objecting to solving the problem other than my changing the language
syntax (which I don't agree with), or just a statement of principals.

-- Steve