[Python-Dev] Intel C/C++ compiler evaluation version

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:34:12 +0100

> Has anyone tried the evaluation version of the Intel C/C++ compiler
> for Linux 32-bit platforms?  They distributed a CD in the most recent
> version of Linux Magazine, and it appears to be available for download
> as well.
>
> I had trouble getting it going; the evaluation license file they sent
> me didn't work out of the box with the license manager that got
> installed.  If anyone has gotten it to work, please send instructions
> around!

We had no problems installing it. The compiler goes into
/opt/intel/compiler50/ia32/*, the license into
/opt/intel/license/l_cpp.lic.

On the Debian system with a alien RPM installation, the RPM
postinstall scripts did not execute properly, so we adjusted the
configuration files ourselves (in particular, the postinstall script
would have created a broken .csh file, anyway). Looking at the
iccvars.csh script, make sure the following settings are correct:

setenv IA32ROOT /opt/intel/compiler50/ia32
setenv INTEL_FLEXLM_LICENSE /opt/intel/licenses

(iccvars.sh accordingly). I don't think we run flexlm; sourcing the
appropriate settings is enough.

HTH,
Martin