[Python-Dev] largeint.h and ver.h gone from VS.NET

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:48:47 -0500

[David Ascher]
> As mentioned in:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=largeint.h&hl=en&selm=epfeXXOYBH
> A.2060%40tkmsftngp07&rnum=1
>
> largeint.h is gone from the VisualStudio compiler as of the
> VisualStudio.NET release.
>
> Python's build currently fails without the workaround mentioned in that
> posting.

Did they also, e.g., change the signature of QueryPerformanceCounter(), so
that largeint.h isn't needed to get at the MS-specific LARGE_INTEGER
typedef?  Note that the workaround doesn't work unless these files are on
MS's list of redistributable files (which always takes me an hour to find,
and no time for that now).

> Furthermore, the file "ver.h" used in python_nt.rc appears to be gone as
> well.  Not sure why we needed it.  Gettinr dir fo it seems to have no
> ill effect =).  Anyone remember what it's for?

Mark Hammond created all the code in question (here and above), so
ActiveState should know who to hire to maintain it <wink>.

Here's ver.h in its entirety (as of VC6):

#ifndef RC_INVOKED
#pragma message ("VER.H obsolete, including WINVER.H instead")
#endif
#include <winver.h>

gettinr-dir-fo-it-indeed-ly y'rs  - tim