[Python-Dev] largeint.h and ver.h gone from VS.NET

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:02:53 -0500

[David Ascher]
> I did not intend that the workaround would be the right way to do it
> long term.
>
> LARGE_INTEGER is now defined in winnt.h, which is included by
> windows.h.  However, the current code does need more than just the
> typedef, such as LargeIntegerEqualToZero, LargeIntegerSubtract, etc.

Those can be replaced with "== 0" and "-" etc -- the obvious things, at
least under VC6.  Don't know about .NET.

>> Mark Hammond created all the code in question (here and above), so
>> ActiveState should know who to hire to maintain it <wink>.

> Sigh.  I'm not doing this on behalf of ActiveState

Neither am I <wink>.

> -- there's no real need for us to move to VS.NET for most of our builds
> right now.  I'm just playing with my new toy.

Well, then *you* know who to hire -- same thing.

BTW, the #include of ver.h is gone in current CVS now.  Mucking with
LARGE_INTEGER awaits a volunteer.