[Python-Dev] Using LXR for Python CVS Source Code ?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 22:16:19 +0100

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > Browing the Mozilla web-site I came across I nice utility which
> > enables cross-referenced source code browsing: LXR
> >
> >     http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/webtools/lxr/
> >
> > For example, see e.g.
> >
> >     http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/expat/xmlparse/hashtable.c
> >
> > I suppose setting this up on python.org would ease referencing
> > Python C sources a lot and also provide a nice tool for learning
> > to understand the internal structures of the interpreter.
> >
> > What do you think ?
>
> +1
>
> Do you want access to the python.org website and CVS so you can
> install this yourself?

I could do that, but would need some help from the admins
since LXR requires Perl 5+ and Glimpse to be installed. I'll
also need to modify the Apache config files and will probably
have to setup a cron job which updates the indexes once a
day.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH