[Python-Dev] Thread questionlet

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:41:45 +0100

Dear developers,

I'm still a little ignorant to real threads.
In order to do the implementation of hard-wired microthreads
right, I tried to understand how real threads work.

My question, which I could not easily answer by reading
the source is:
What happens when the main thread ends? Do all threads run
until they are eady too, or are they just killed away?
And if they are killed, are they just removed, or do
they all get an exception for cleanup?

I would guess the latter, but I'm not sure.
When a thread ends, it may contain several levels of other
C calls which might need to finalize, so I thought of
a special exception for this, but didn't find such.

Many thanks and sorry about my ignorance - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@tismer.com>
Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/