[Python-Dev] Thread questionlet

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:21:40 +0100

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> Christian Tismer wrote:
>
>>I'm still a little ignorant to real threads.
>>In order to do the implementation of hard-wired microthreads
>>right, I tried to understand how real threads work.
>>

> Can't answer your specific question, but you might want to look at my
> Starship pages if you want to increase your general understanding of
> Python threads (there probably won't be much new to you; OTOH, it
> shouldn't take you long to read).
>
> http://starship.python.net/crew/aahz/

Oh well, 1024 thanks, very helpful. I'm again the
clueless implementor.

It still feels warm and fuzzy here, although I think
there is no rule that I missed to break since -dev
knows about me, and now my final sacrileg...
...after all, this is kinda piecemaker, since
Stackless is now orthogonal, in a way. I gave
up some academic POV, in favor of something
pragmatic, and finally we all get rid of a problem.
Hey, I want to become a productive contributor
(again?) :)

thanks - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@tismer.com>