[Python-Dev] test_curses

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
31 Jan 2002 11:18:30 +0000

Michael Hudson <mwh@python.net> writes:

> Neal Norwitz <neal@metaslash.com> writes:
>
> > BTW, I test_curses fails:
> > 	test test_curses crashed -- _curses.error: curs_set() returned ERR
>
> Hmm, yes I get that too (I'd commented it out, because I thought it
> had something to do with the crashes, but it didn't AFAICT).
>
> It's very strange.  I tried wrestling with gdb to find out how it was
> failing, but didn't get very far.
>
> It's hard to see how curs_set can fail.  Maybe I need to build ncurses
> from source and link to that.

Heh, well I worked that one out.  The terminfo database didn't contain
entries for cursor visibility for the $TERM I had (xterm-color, for
some forgotten reason).  Setting it to xterm made test_curses.py pass
for me.

much-python-dev-noise-not-much-content-from-me-ly y'rs
M.

--
  That's why the smartest companies use Common Lisp, but lie about it
  so all their competitors think Lisp is slow and C++ is fast.  (This