[Python-Dev] XML module causes profiler to throw

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 00:04:37 -0400

[Andrew P. Lentvorski, about <http://www.python.org/sf/534864>]
> This was reported in bug 534864, but seems to have been left to rot.
> At the very least, I'd like to bump it's importance up in case there is a
> later bugfix version for 2.2 (aka 2.2.2 or something).
>
> What is it's status?  Is there a workaround?  What is the diagnosis?

Everything known about it is in the bug report.

> I find it hard to believe that others haven't tripped across this
> (especially somebody in the Zope team).  I can at least add my voice such
> that it is not specific to one type of installation (his is Red Hat
> 7.1--mine is FreeBSD 4.6)

Posting this info to Python-Dev doesn't do any good.  Add it to the bug
report!  Be sure to say which version of Python you were using (the report
only mentioned 2.2; there's not even any info there about 2.2.1).  The last
activity that report saw was Martin saying he couldn't reproduce it in
2.3a0, and to date nobody has added a comment saying they could reproduce
it.

Based on what's there (an unconfirmed report against 2.2, and a failure to
reproduce under CVS), I wouldn't give it high priority either.