Bug tracking (was: [Python-Dev] Re: Infinie recursion in Pickle)

Gordon McMillan gmcm@hypernet.com
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:33:39 -0400

On 1 Jul 2002 at 15:15, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

[complaints about SF bug tracker]

> or better, join the roundup team, and make sure
> it's good enough to replace the SF tracker.  (as far
> as I know, it already is -- but someone still needs
> to set it up, write a script that pulls all data out
> of the old system, etc).

Someone is setting it up, and has written those
scripts. A working demo (populated with PythonLabs
history) should soon be available.

I have to say that my "good enough" has been
focussed on funtionality more than usability.
I've never noticed any particular[1] difficulty
in using the SF tracker to enter or post info on
a bug, so François probably has a different "good
enough" :-).

-- Gordon
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/

[1] Writing an app as a set of cgi's is a fast way
to write a mediocre GUI. Writing a *good* GUI
in this environment is extremely difficult and ugly,
because you end up with lots of just-barely-portable-
by-any-definition-thereof javascript, and Aahz is
left out in the cold. Oh well, at least no one had
a requirement that it be usable throught their
cell phone...