[Python-Dev] PEP 282 Implementation

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip@red-dove.com
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 02:16:32 +0100

I've uploaded my logging module, the proposed implementation for PEP 282,
for committer review, to the SourceForge patch manager:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=578494&group_id=547
0&atid=305470

I've assigned it to Mark Hammond as (a) he had posted some comments to Trent
Mick's original PEP posting, and (b) Barry Warsaw advised not assigning to
PythonLabs people on account of their current workload.

The file logging.py is (apart from some test scripts) all that's supposed to
go into Python 2.3. The file logging-0.4.6.tar.gz contains the module, an
updated version of the PEP (which I mailed to Barry Warsaw on 26th June),
numerous test/example scripts, TeX documentation etc. You can also refer to

http://www.red-dove.com/python_logging.html

Here's hoping for a speedy review :-)

Regards,

Vinay Sajip