[Python-Dev] Single- vs. Multi-pass iterability

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:09:13 -0400

> I don't think it is too late.  90% ++ of the python code base out
> there doesn't use iterators yet... people are still wrapping their
> minds around it to see how they can use it in their applications.
> If it was publicly stated that this could be "fixed" in the next
> version I don't think that it would hurt.  These things happen,
> and sometimes its best to "roll back".  Programmers understand this.

I find this really hard to believe, given that such a big deal has
been made of iterators.  Care to conduct a survey on c.l.py?

Given that it's really only a very minor problem, I'd rather not
expend the effort to 'fix" this.