[Python-Dev] Re: configure problems porting to Tru64

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:49:38 -0400

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> There's one more problem with Tru64:
>
> cc -o python Modules/python.o libpython2.3.a -lrt -lpthread -lm -threads
> ld:
> Unresolved:
> makedev
>
> It looks like Tru64 doesn't have a makedev().  You added the patch
> that included this a while back.  Do you have any idea what we should
> do on Tru64?

>From a distant memory, makedev is a macro (or may be depending on #define's)
and needs the proper header file.  I hope my memory is correct,
but I don't even trust it.

...maybe I should, there is a makedev macro in sys/types.h on a
Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1 (Rev. 732) (192.233.54.155) (compaq testdrive box).

It looks like _OSF_SOURCE must be defined, possibly other macros.

Neal