[Python-Dev] Single- vs. Multi-pass iterability

Greg Ewing greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:55:22 +1200 (NZST)

> C++ has tried very hard to do this with its istream, ostream and
> iostream classes; I believe I heard C++ people say once that it's not
> considered a success.

Well, everything in C++ seems to end up being way more
complicated than it ought to. The Python version would
be much simpler, since you wouldn't have to formally
spell out all the interface conventions.