[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src configure,1.322,1.323 configure.in,1.333,1.334 pyconfig.h.in,1.43,1.44

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:24:04 -0400

[Tim, in python-checkins]

> I don't understand why this helps.  Are you sure it does?  Python.h still
> contains:
>
> #ifndef _XOPEN_SOURCE
> # define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500
> #endif
>
> The configure changes were consequences of that change, IIRC.  We surely
> shouldn't be defining this one way in Python.h and a different way in
> config, right?

I'm certain that it helps: test_time failed since Jeremy made the
change to configure, now it succeeds again.

It may not be the right fix, sure, but I recommend that we don't check
in a fix that breaks other things.  The search is on, and I trust that
Jeremy and Martin will figure something out (and that Jeremy will run
autoconf, autoheader, configure, *and* the test suite before checking
in more changes).