[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 295 - Interpretation of multiline string constants

Stepan Koltsov yozh@mx1.ru
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:05:59 +0400

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 11:16:36PM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> My mails to Stepan Koltsov have been bouncing (after the first one
> apparently went through).  Assuming he's not subscribed to python-dev,
> he may not be aware of our responses.  What to do?  Simple reject it
> in absentia?

I don't understand, what happens with my DNS, but I am subscriber of
this maillist and I read it sometimes.

So...  What you (and others) think about just adding flag 'i' to string
constants (that will strip indentation etc.)?  This doesn't affect
existing code, but it will be useful (at least for me ;-)  Motivation
was posted here by Michael Chermside, but I don't like his solutions.

--
mailto: Stepan Koltsov <yozh@mx1.ru>