[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Lib/email/test test_email_codecs.py,1.1,1.2

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 11:23:41 -0400

> [Neal]
> > Shouldn't this also be done for from XXX import YYY?
> >
> >     grep test_support `find Lib -name '*.py'` | \
> > 	egrep -v '(from test |test\.test_support)' | grep import

[me]
> Good catch!  Looks like Barry hardly scratched the surface of this.
> I *thought* his checkin which claimed to fix this throughout Lib/test
> was a tad small. :-(

Neal, Barry: on second thought, DON'T FIX THIS YET!

I'd like to have a discussion with Barry about the motivation for
this.  I need to at least understand why Barry thinks he needs this,
and reconcile this with my earlier position that relative imports were
compulsory in this case.