[Python-Dev] Re: Multiline string constants, include in the standard library?

Ville Vainio ville.vainio@swisslog.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:22:54 +0300

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> How about starting with a simple textwrap.dedent() API and then
> moving on towards the full monty textwrap.reformat() API with tons of
> options ?!

Fine with me - at least w/ dedent() everyone can agree with the right
behaviour (except handling of the first line?), and it would be general
enough to be useful for everybody (no need for options/customization) -
hence the justification for a position in the std lib. I haven't had
much use for intricate wrapping/reformatting yet, but I guess I will
once it hits the std lib ;-).

-- Ville